Now that Bethesda is officially part of the Xbox family, 20 of their titles are now available for players on Xbox Game Pass. The news came via a roundtable event with senior members of both Xbox and Bethesda.
The List Of Titles
- Dishonored Definitive Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Dishonored 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM (1993) (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM II (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM 3 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM 64 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- DOOM Eternal (Console, PC, Cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Cloud, Console)
- The Evil Within (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout 4 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout 76 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Console)
- Prey (Console, PC, Cloud)
- RAGE 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console, PC, Cloud)
The Future Of Bethesda Titles
This is only the first step in the future of Bethesda titles. Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer also talked about what owning Bethesda means for their titles. Although not all future games will be exclusive to the Xbox platform, due to legacy titles and contractual obligations, he siad:
. . .the thing I want you [an Xbox consumer] to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that’s our goal, that’s why we’re doing this, that’s the root of this partnership that we’re building – and the creative capability we’ll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it’s ever been for Xbox after we’re done here.
Spencer confirmed support for past titles and communities on other platforms will continue as well., stating:
There’s communities of players – we love those communities and will continue to invest in them – and even in the future there might be…either contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we’ll go do.
Xbox Game Pass is fast becoming a must-have service for Xbox users. With 100’s of first party games, EA brands and third party titles available on the service for one monthly price, Microsoft certainly have a different strategy to more traditional purchasing of games. The subscription model allows players to check out smaller brands and titles they may not have tried at a full retail price. It also lets some legacy titles or last-gen games find new fans, not only on Xbox consoles, but even on PC and mobile devices, thanks to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and cloud technology.
Either way, Xbox Game Pass is a platform worth keeping an eye on. Expect more Bethesda and Xbox news this Summer, as Aaron Greenberg confirmed an event is well into the planning stages.