Square Enix Announce Two New Final Fantasy VII And VIII Physical Editions
European Nintendo Switch players will be getting a twin-pack of the cherished RPGs, Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. The pack will will arrive on December 4th.
Final Fantasy VII sees you take on the massive Shinra company, as the fate of the planet lies in the balance. Play as former Shinra SOLIDER, Cloud Strife, as you join the mercenary group Avalanche, in order to fight for the people of Midgar. The iconic RPG has a deep storyline, huge boss battles and still stands as one of the best RPG’s ever. FFVII includes the following additions:
- 3x Speed Mode – Play through the game with three times the speed.
- No Encounters – Players will have the ability to turn battle encounters off to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
- Battle Enhancement Mode
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered sees you play as Squall Leonhart, as you join resistance fighter Rinoa Heartilly, in order to save the world from the military nation of Galbadia. FFVIII Remastered will also include some gameplay additions, which are:
- Battle Assist: The ability to always have maxed out HP and ATB, and trigger Limit Breaks at any time.
- No Encounters: An enemy encounter option that allows players to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
- 3x Speed Boost: Play through the game with three times the speed.
PlayStation 4 users in Europe, will also get a chance to get Final Fantasy VIII Remastered as a standalone physical release. It will also be available from December 4th 2020.
You can pre-order the Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy VIII Remastered twin-pack here. It will be for Nintendo Switch, costing €39.99.
The physical release of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, can be pre-ordered here. It will cost €19.99.