Arriving from November 10th, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will see you take on the role of Viking leader Eivor, as you and your brother Sigurd decide to bring their Viking clan to a new settlement in England. Leaving their native lands in Norway, Eivor will explore a large open-world, encompassing both Norway and the majority of the Britain. There will also be post-launch content released from December and will continue into 2021.
The Vikings Are Coming
Ubisoft have announced two expansions will be created and released in 2021, as part of the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla season pass. The first of which, entitled Wrath of the Druids, will see Eivor come to Ireland. Investigating a mysterious Druid cult, you will target and hunt the leaders. Eivor will travel to Dublin and see you also raiding ringforts and influencing trade in the bustling city. The darker tone and new landscape, is mixed with Celtic mythology and folklore. It will be available in Spring 2021.
The Siege of Paris will see you relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. Players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future. Expect the content some time in Summer 2021.
A bonus mission called The Legend of Beowulf, will be available on launch, as part of the season pass also. Gold And Ultimate Editions will include these three expansion pass content pieces, while a season pass will be available to purchase separately.
Free Bonus Content
Finally, there will be some free seasonal content for all Valhalla players, beginning in December 2020. Season 1 content is set to include:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. More information about Season 3 and 4 will be come at a later time.
Get Assassin’s Creed Valhalla from November 10th. It will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, PS4 & Stadia. The PlayStation 5 edition will be available upon console launch on 12th & 19th November respectively.