Codemasters have announced the next iteration of their F1 series. F1 2021 will be releasing on July 16th, for PS5, PS4, Xbox SeriesX|S and PC via Steam. Along with an announcement trailers, Codemasters have revealed some new features and modes coming to the racing title.
Features & Modes
- Braking Point – A new story driven mode, which will see you rise from the ranks of Formula 2, as you aim for stardom in the world of Formula 1. Experience the lifestyle both on and off the track as you take your seat in the pinnacle of motorsport.
- Two-Player Career – This long asked for feature, is being implemented for this season’s release. Play co-operatively or competitively, as each player will have complete control over the assists. Can be enjoyed whether you’re a newcomer or veteran of the series.
- Real-Season Start – Jump into this season’s action, reflecting the live standings, Take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season.
- Next Generation Features – Xbox Series X|S and PS5 will see visual uplift and faster loading times. If you’re planning to upgrade from Xbox One or PS4, F1 2021 will support Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade if you’re switching to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5.
- Returning from F1 2020 – My Team, two-player split-screen, shorter seasons, accessible options and F2 racing. These will be expanded upon, while other tweaks to driving assits, driver stats and multiplayer will be implemented.
Be sure to watch out for more news and announcements in the coming weeks. Codeamsters are developing F1 2021, while it will be published by EA Sports. F1 2021 will come to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via Steam, on July 16th.