As someone with a fondness for fashion and a love for most things geek I relish every opportunity I get to combine the two. That’s how Style Saturdays came about. I wanted to break away from the t shirt and skirt or t shirt and jeans combo I have to drab on when I want to wear one of my many nerdy t-shirts.
My inspiration for the month of September was the Bat Family. For those who aren’t familiar that would be Batman, Batwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwing, Red Robin and Red Hood.
Each of these characters have a unique feel about them that I used as inspiration. For this months casual looks I chose Batgirl and Nightwing as my muses.
Batgirl has a kickass laid back sort of fashion. As a fan of her latest costume I couldn’t leave Doc Martens out of this look and I kept the colours simple so I went for black and yellow as a tribute to the previous costume.
- Outfit details
- 1. Jacket : Doublju Womens 3/4 Sleeve Short Spandex Fabric Peaked Collar Cropped Blzer – Amazon.com – E 19.00
- 2. Top: Jigsaw Stretch Double Front Tank Top , Black – JohnLewis.com – E36.00
- 3. Jeans: Black High Waisted Supersoft Jeans – Newlook.com – E29.00
- 4. Black Boots: Dr. Martens Military I Like How You Lean Boots – Modcloth.com – E93.00
- 5. Yellow Boots: Dr. Martens Patent 1460 Boot –
- 6. Handbag: Comic Leather Statement Clutch – Etsy.com – E93.00
- 7. Watch: Altitude unisex watch yellow & white – illumin8 glow technology – Debenhams.com – E210 (this would be an investment piece)
- 8. Ring. Batman Logo Black Ring- Styleonline.com – E58.00 (could count as a collectible)
- 9. Bracelet: VALENTINO GARAVANI ‘Rockstud’ cuff – Farfetch.com – E218.00
- 10. Scarf: Vila Lon Knit Tube Scarf – Vila.com – E19.95
- Outfit alternatives
- 2. Top: Stretch tank top – Pennys – E5.00
- 4. Black Boots: Lace/Zip Up Fashion Ankle Boots – Ebay.com – E25.50
- 5. Yellow Boots: Punk Lace-up Ankle Boots – Ebay.com – E23.00
- 6. Handbag: Envelope Clutch Chain Handbag – Ebay.com – E10.00
- 7. Watch: Mini Wrist Watch Sports Quartz Clock Silicone – Ebay.com – E13.90
- 9. Bracelet: Metal Stud Spike Rivet Leather Bracelet – Ebay.com – E3.50
Nightwing is just awesome, he’s got a laid back but serious (when he needs to be) vibe. So naturally I thought a nice leather jacket and some accents of his signature blue would be the fundamental to pull off this ultra casual Nightwing look.
- Outfit details
- 1. Jacket : VIPARO Black Leather Arm Sleeves And Wool Varsity Jacket – Archie – TheGrandSocial.com – E 230.00
- 2. Top: Pima Cotton T-Shirt – Selected.com – E18.00
- 3. Jeans: Ben Classic Jj 818 Skinny Fit Jeans – JackJones.com – E70.00
- 4. Black Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather Hi – Zapos.com – E54.00
- 5. Blue Shoes: – Converse.com – E43.00
- 6. Messenger bag: Outlier Messenger Bag – Puma.com – E42.00
- 7. Watch: Armitron Sport Men’s 40/8258BLU Chronograph Black Resin Blue Accented Digital Watch – Amazon.com – E20.00
- 8. Ring: Batman DC Comics Logo Statement Ring – Bluefly.com – E50.00
- Outfit on a budget
- 1. Jacket: ililily Wool & Faux Leather Varsity Jacket – Amazon.com – E62.00
- 2. Top: Fruit of the Loom Blank Tshirt – Ebay.com – E4.00
- 3. Jeans: Lee Cooper Mens C Regular Jeans – Amazon.com – E10.00
- 4. Black Shoes: Unisex Mens Cotswold 1952 Hi-Top Base Ball Boots – Amazon.com – E4.00
- 5. Blue Shoes: No Sense Men’s 628022404 Canvas Hi Tops – Amazon.com – E9.00
- 6. Messenger bag: Euro Messenger Bag – Amazon.com – E13.00
If you have any other ideas for casual outfits why don’t you leave a comment below and we might be able to get a discussion going.
Check back next week for outfits that are suitable for a night out be it dancing, a house party or a movie night with friends.