Play Watch Dogs: Legion Free This Weekend, Plus Future Road Map Revealed
Ubisoft are allowing people to download and play Watch Dogs: Legion for free this weekend. Available across to play for free from 25th – 29th March on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 (PS4 version), Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC. You can even pre-load the title now.
Players must recruit members into their DedSec Resistance to take on these criminal opportunists, liberate London and uncover the identity of Zero-Day. When London faces a turmoil with opportunistic criminals, private military companies and malicious cyber terrorists, it will be up to the resistance to save the people of London. Recruit, investigate and hack into the corruption of the city and weed out the bad organisations.
Create a character, recruit any person in a sprawling London city, play solo or online, as the whole game is available to play throughout the weekend. Better yet, you can even buy and keep the full title or season pass at a discount price, as it is up to 50% off on gaming platforms.
- Xbox: From 23rd March to 15th April – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From 24th March to 31st March – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From 18th March to 9th April – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: March 25th to April 8th – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Stadia: From 25th March – 29th March, 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass.
Future Content Road Map
The post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- From March 23rd March: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For season pass owners:
- In late April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
If you haven’t checked out this Legion, it’s no better time to get get a taster. Here is my review of the title, which I enjoyed. With the added content coming and the recent inclusion of multiplayer, I may have to revisit myself this week.