The news that Forest Whitaker has been cast in Rogue One is undoubtedly good news. However, following suit from the recent Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, details about the story and Whitaker‘s character have been scarce at best. However, the people over at makingstarwars.net may have pieced together some early information to speculate over. In their article they claim:
- Forest Whitaker’s character uses a cane.
- It appears he has one leg and uses a cane as a crutch to walk.
- He appears to be a veteran of some battles, but it isn’t clear if he lost his leg fighting in the Clone Wars or against the Empire.
- Based on a differentiated code name from the rest of the rebels in the movie, it appears he is likely good but maybe a bounty hunter affiliated type (more on this later).
- He seems to be a “good guy” in Rogue One.
- He has a cape and his costume is a hodgepodge of different things (think of someone you might see at Maz’s castle)
The above is, of course, speculation. However, it’d be interesting to see if any of this proves true. Aside from Yoda there aren’t many crippled Star Wars characters that spring to mind and his character could serve as an eye into what it was really like to be a foot soldier in some of the saga’s most iconic battles.
What do you think, guys? Is someone pulling our leg with this information? Do you think they have a leg to stand on? Do you think I should stop making these puns? Let us know in the comments below!