We all know that every pro gamer has the best in premium headphones, but what about the everyday gamer? There are a lot of options out there but Astro’s new A40 TR series is a game changer. There are multiple reasons why these guys are the new best thing to possibly have for your gaming experience. Check out the list of features below. Also keep an eye out on The Arcade as we are getting a review copy and will be letting you guys know just how good these guys are.
- Tuned with ASTRO Audio for optimal sound quality and surround sound accuracy for gaming, this is the latest iteration of the revered A40 headset.
- Compatible with ASTRO Mod Kits, allowing further headset customisation for pro tournament and LAN environments.
- Open back headset for natural sound and less ear fatigue during extended play sessions.
- Long-term comfort with over-ear design and swappable cloth ear cushions and headband.
- Highly accurate swappable boom mic.
- Swappable speaker tags with online customisation featuring numerous game and lifestyle licensed editions.
- MixAmp Pro TR now comes in both XB1 and PS4 specific editions, fully supports PC and Mac users, and comes with a powerful new software customisation tool.
- XB1 (white) and PS4 (black) versions, both with full USB soundcard support for PC and Mac.
- ASTRO Command Center software allowing for the tuning of every input and output level and other detailed settings to optimize the experience for every environment.
- All digital circuitry for interference free gaming and >1ms delay time.
- Voice Balancing now works on PC just like it does on console.
- Digital Daisy chaining via firewire connection for completely lag-free local voice comms.
- Customisable Stream Output allows full control over what your audience hears.
- Stream output can be configured to output 2-channel Dolby Headphone Surround encoded game sound.
- AUX input now allows for in and out, so you can answer calls and talk back, all while in a gaming session.
- XB1 version works just with USB and Optical cable connections. No extra chat cable is needed. Supports firmware updates for feature additions and bug fixes.
- Works with every ASTRO headset ever produced
The A40 TR headset allows the addition of Mod Kits. The first Mod Kits available are from the TR line, made for tournament environments and team gaming houses where background noise can become a distraction. The Closed Back Speaker Tags add a silicone baffle to make the A40 a closed back headset, sealing off the outside world so no sound leaks in or out. They also have Noise Cancelling Ear Cushions which are synthetic leather cushions that greatly improve passive noise isolation. The Voice Isolating Mic eliminates background noise and focuses on only your voice. There is a leather headband for added comfort and style. Finally the Speaker Tags and Mic will also work with any legacy ASTRO A40 headset ever produced.
Will you guys be getting a pair of these guys? Let us know in the comments below.